Monday 2 January 2023

WELCOME TO MY BLOG! THE STORY SO FAR

I started this blog back in 2010/2011 to chart my creative journey from a few rough sketches to a production run custom deck of playing cards. I got as far as settling on a theme, getting a Tally-Ho inspired tuck design approved by the USPCC legal department, but couldn't quite get everything across the finish line. Looking back now, it was just too much of a task and I wasn't mature or focussed enough.


However, it was a lifelong dream of mine to release at least one deck of high quality custom playing cards, and here we are in 2023 and I spent a large chunk of 2022 labouring over my first completely finished deck, Imported Playing Cards, now available to back on Kickstarter HERE


I felt it fitting to revive the blog, which was very popular 11 years ago and has clocked over 23,000 views.


This revived version of my blog will pick up where it left off. I will use it to post concepts for new decks (I am already working on more) and artwork, to share ideas and generally engage with anyone who is interested in my work. I will post announcements and keep everyone up to date with what is happening at A. Haines Playing Cards. All announcements relevant to my backers and current project will be posted on Kickstarter as updates, but there may be extra info on this blog that people might be interested in. 


Please subscribe or bookmark the blog to stay up-to-date with any developments. 


All the best





No comments:

Post a Comment