Monday 25 April 2011

Design Features/Black Deck

Hey everyone :-)

I'm getting a lot of pageviews, and a bunch of responses to my polls as well as interest in various forums I've been posting in, but it would be nice to get some feedback here on the blog, so here's the thing:

I'm currently running with the idea of making the black deck the special magicians' deck, and leaving the red and blue decks as regular decks, in much the same way the tally ho decks are right now. This would mean including a double-backer gaff in the black deck that wasn't in the blue and red decks, possibly reworking the box design slightly to indicate this difference, and potentially coming up with one or two other cool little design features that would make the deck slightly different from the regular.

What would you like to see in this deck? What special features or ideas would you enjoy or do you think would benefit you with whatever it is you use your decks for? Performing, flourishing etc.

I'm aware of the current crop of joker and box reveals, smudged spot cards and the like, I'd be interested to hear what you guys would like to see in a new deck. Comments are open to anyone, you don't have to be a registered blogger. Let me know if you've got any ideas and we can shoot the sh*t :-)

Alex

3 comments:

  1. i think a one way back design (just a tiny pixel dot, on one side) would be cool, also an indifferent double backer, so like a black/blue backer or a black/red one... also i know some people quite like blank facers (although i have never used one)i also think that a card the says "you will pick the ..." looks better than having a reveal on the joker... although thinking about it, maybe both?

    btw, how many decks are you going to get printed?

    :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find black decks nice, but not like a magicians deck, I only use real decks, so iy would be nice if you made a regular black deck also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey anon, i only use proper decks too! Apart from the occassional invisible deck, all my routines are done with regular decks of playing cards, which is what I will be printing.

    Joe: Not sure how many I'm printing just yet, but it's gonna be a lot!!!

    ReplyDelete