Monday 25 April 2011

Slight amendments to latest skull design


I faded the wings out, put some lines over the skull so it wasn't so white, added a double border, and set the design off to the official pantone red and blue colours used by the USPCC for their Bicycle decks, although judging from the look of the boxes in front of me the tallys may be printed in a slightly different shade of red and blue, so I will have to look into this.

To be honest, I mocked up a design based on this but with no skulls, and it looked terrible, I mean so bad I don't even want to post it. It needs some serious work even to get it looking OK, so maybe that's for another time. Tonight was a slightly fruitless design session in that respect, although I am wise enough to know there's no such thing, it still feels a bit that way.

I like the skulls though, I think they add interest, I'm thinking of keeping them although I haven't made my mind up yet.

3 comments:

  1. very very nice indeed, shame you couldnt come up with anything for the design without skulls though, maybe you should put a new "magical" creature in the place of the skull? you never know, you might start a new trend! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. cheers joe,

    it's not that i didn't come up with a non-skull design, I did, it was just naff! With some development it could be OK but i think the skulls add a nice gothic touch and a distinctive focal point that I wouldn't want to lose.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ah ok, i love the look of the skulls anyway :D

    ReplyDelete