Monday 25 April 2011

Distance test...


What do they look like from a distance? The overall shape and symmetry impression, artwork and intricacies aside, is incredibly important. These are looking good in my opinion, perhaps could be improved slightly though. Will get on it later in the week...

Notes to self:

  • do something more interesting with the central gear/circle
  • try filling the peripheral gears white and see what it looks like
  • try different blade arrangements coming off the central gear with and without skulls

5 comments:

  1. Hi,
    Perhaps the suture lines of the skull could extend a bit further out maybe instead of looking like the letter Y, just to be slightly more anatomically accurate.
    And also it just came out, new Bicycle Pirate Deck in White and Black. I think you would find the backs of this pack of cards interesting to see - just google that basic descipt and the photos will come up or go to BM Poker World to get a view of the cards - must do please. thanks and I like what you got going with your design revisions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. just checked them robert, thanks for the heads-up! I quite like piratey stuff! Although they have obviously taken their design cue from the tally ho fan backs, as have I to an extent, I can't help but find their back design slightly lazy, a problem I find with a lot of custom deck backs at the moment. I'm very much hoping and trying so that mine won't be!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh yeah, subscribe to my blog :-) would be great to have ya on board!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you Alex,
    And also have you seen the Gargoyle deck? The back design has skulls on the corners.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yeah thanks robert, have checked the gargoyles. nice deck!

    ReplyDelete