Tuesday 26 April 2011

Tallys no good no more?!?

I just heard some incredibly disturbing news: apparently tallys from the new factory are horrible!!!! This is terrible news, and means I will most likely be printing on bikes now, which means a re-design for the box :-( and none of the added prestige or quality from printing onto what has always been a slightly superior playing card brand.

!!!!! Bollocks!!!!

Oh well, onwards and upwards...

Edit to add: I just got my hands on some of the new factory tallys and they spread and handle like a dream. I'm not sure what all the fuss is about? They appear to be perhaps slightly thinner than their predecessors, although not drastically so, but they fan supremely and are cut at the edges nicely etc. etc.

Does anyone have anything to add?

5 comments:

  1. From what I have heard the first few batches of Tally-Ho playing cards from Erlanger were awful. However, as time has progressed the Tally-Hos have only got better. The current view on black seal Tally-Hos seem to be that they are better than Bicycle Cards, but still worse than the old blue seal Tally-Hos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok, thanks for the update. the deck i cracked open this evening were a far cry from what I was expecting based on certain reviews I've come across. They fanned and handled supremely well, if only slightly thinner perhaps than the ohio decks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. my tallys from the new factory were awesome... i need to get some more of them though because they got soaking wet in my jeans :P

    and even if you did use bike stock, could you not keep the same box design? or do they have to say bicycle on them?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I couldn't put a homage to the tally box design on a deck of bikes, my OCD wouldn't let me. If I print on bikes, I do a bike style custom tuckbox. That's just how it's gotta be :-) although from the look of things I will still be going for tallys...

    ReplyDelete
  5. cool, tally decks are nicer tbh, and your design fits in better with tally designs

    ReplyDelete